Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

chicken salad, cookies, ice tea and more

Oh yes, today is company day. You see.. being a homeschooling stay at home mom.. I don't see adults personally much. One day a week another homeschooling mom comes to visit. She used to be a SAHM also.. but she has been a working mom now for the last couple of years. However, our visits do not change. They just get harder to find the time for sometimes.

She sees our visits as relaxation time. Just a few hours where she does not have to rush about.. worrying about this or that. I want her to be able to come and just relax and enjoy her time here. I love to be able to cook up something nice for us. The kids are easy.. they like Ramen, hot dogs, or mac and cheese.. oh and tuna also. Sometimes I like to try new things on my friend. I need to get back to that because I have been slacking. Although last week was polish sausages and potato salad (my salad was um.. undercooked..)..

For me, her visits means.. There is an adult in the room!! Other than my husband that is.. who works from home.. or my son who is technically an adult now. But honestly.. another mom, a homeschooling one at that. A wife and mom who understands my frustrations, goals and worries. Another mom who enjoys spending time with me. Someone I have known and cared about for 9 years! I met her at La leche when I was pregnant for Anna.. and we have grown close ever since.

So today, I am thankful for my friend Stephanie. Who has always stuck by me and never gave up on our friendship.


What are you thankful for this Thursday?

2 comments:

Roberta said...

Aww, enjoy your time with Steph!!

Mevolving said...

Isn't it so wonderful sometimes just grabbing the time with a friend. It's so hard to lose touch of each other when you're running around in every day life!