Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Day at the Library..

We decided we needed to spend some time just relaxing at the library.  There is a nice park nearby and we could also spend some time there.  What was interesting to me was the girls went through, picked some movies to check out and then they were ready to go.

Imagine their surprise when I told them we were staying.  It was as if I just told them we were spending the day locked up in a room with nothing in it.

This really saddened me.  I loved the library growing up.  It has so much more to offer than movies and a few books.  I was determined to show them.  We headed off to the kids section and I browsed thru some books.  I grabbed a book on horses, cats, optical illusions, and some hidden pictures.. We sat and just browsed thru the pictures .. checking to see if we could see whatever wash hidden in them.  Anna loves animal so she was checking out that book.. She is also really good with the 3D optical illusions. Kate finally showed some interest in some of the books as well as some coloring pics that were set up on the table. 

I left them for a bit to check something out in the adult section.  When I came back Anna was having a Librarian help her search for more books on optical illusions.  They also had a board game area for the kids to play.  We didn’t get to go there though.. Not if they still wanted to go the the park.  I actually  had to tell them it was time to go.  They were finally having a good time. 

Here is a video of them at the park.

A few (ok..more than a few) pics..

 DSCF0798 DSCF0800 DSCF0802 DSCF0803 DSCF0806 DSCF0809 DSCF0810 DSCF0811 DSCF0812

DSCF0818 DSCF0819 DSCF0821 DSCF0822 DSCF0823 DSCF0825 DSCF0829 DSCF0831 DSCF0832

The girls got hungry so we walked over to the local market and grabbed a few fruits to snack on while waiting for hubby. 

He decided we should go out for chinese..

DSCF0833

DSCF0834

We ended the evening with Ice cream from Dairy Queen..

DSCF0838

DSCF0839

DSCF0840

I think Kate is getting tired of me taking pictures.. LOL

No comments: