Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

He speaks!

On Friday, Cesar and Abe came.  Abe was dropping Cesar off to spend the weekend here at the hospital.  Once again, Angel was in the chair sitting up.  However, when they moved him he got a bit anxious and ended up being sedated again.  So he was a bit sleepy.

Friday night we ordered Chinese and ate at the hotel.  I have to admit, it was nice having someone to chat with. 

Yesterday was an exciting day.  Angel was able to have the ventilator removed for a little over 2 hours in the morning.  They put in a speech valve so he could talk.  One of the first things he said was .. "I have a question and I want you to answer."  Ok.  "What happened to the first liver?"  Well this stunned me because I had been careful not to mention it.  Turns out he asked the nurse the night before, some questions and she mentioned the first liver didn't work.  He must have been going nuts trying to find out why. 

Breathing took alot out of him and he tired quickly.  Later they put it on again for another two hours and he gave Cesar a hug.  That made me cry.  Geez.  So emotional lately.  Last night however, Angel had a really hard time sleeping and wanted me to stay with him.  So Cesar went and got some spanish food and I grabbed  a sandwich to eat in his room.  It was a really long day.  I think I crawled into bed around 11pm.  

No comments: