Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Military Spouse?

If you just came over here from Trooppetrie's Blog, you may be a bit confused.  No I am not currently a military spouse but I was for a short while.  My husband served his 20 years in the military.  He was active for 4 years, then continued in the Army Reserves.  When I met Angel in 1994, he was coming into RI, once a month to stay with his brother on the weekends he had drill.  We were married in 1999 and he retired in 2005.  I do remember just before he retired, there was a concerned that his unit could be deployed.  I remember being really nervous and now knowing how I could manage without him.  I have a lot of admiration and respect for military families.  I have often wondered what would have happened if Angel had continued in the service.  He has often wished he was still active.  For those military families who have come through the link on the blog above, I want to say Thank you!  Thank you for all you do, and the sacrifices you make for the rest of us.

No comments: