I was going through some old posts on my Xanga blog and came across this post. I just had to share. Anna will be 11 years old next month!
Posted Monday, 15 May 2006
- 3 days old
1. Your full name is Annaleah Aiko Ramos1 month old
2. You were born on April 24, 2001
3. You were born with a cleft of the soft palate and had to be hospitalized for awhile.
4. You were born with dark curly hair and big brown eyes
5. You didn't like sleeping in our bed.. You had to be able to stretch out.
6. You still carry the blanket (in above picture) around with you everywhere.
7. Your first food ever was watermelon - sucking on mommy's slice at a picnic
8. Once a lady crossed 3 rows of cars in a parking lot, came over just to tell us how beautiful you were.
9. Daddy got really nervous and said we were not to let you out of our sight.. ever!
10. You used to love your thumb.
11. Mommy was afraid that palate surgery would be hard.. because you wouldn't be able to use your thumb that way.
12. You were a trouper though... it didn't phase you one bit.. although mommy was a tad sad about it.
13. Mommy and Daddy bought our home when you were 6 months old.
14. You started walking around furniture around 6 months of age
15. Shortly after we moved in.. You were sleeping with daddy in big bed.. you scared him when you fell out. Mommy never seen daddy so scared before.
16. The night before your cleft palate surgery, you tried to eat an entire pancake
17. It was the last solid food you would eat for months.
18. After palate surgery you lived on smoothies and juice. You had to be on a liquid diet for a few months.
19. You took your first step at 10 months
20. After cleft surgery, you had to wear these braces on your arms, You could not bend them to put things in your mouth. I thought that this would discourage you. Instead, you used all your energy walking around with a big purple ball to help you.
21. This is how you are about everything. You will practice getting on your little riding toy over and over again. You would do that for days.. never actually riding it. Just practicing on and off till you got it perfect.
22. You loved getting into things..
23. If we told you "no".. you would try over and over again. Never in anger or tears.. just determined.
24. The first time you went to sleep on your own.. You were 15 months old.. You asked for your cup and walked away.. Mommy found you sleeping on your crib mattress..
16 months old
25. At 16 months you said "eye" for the first time.. then poked me in my eye..
26. Around the same time, you said "no" for the first time.. but "Yah" was your favorite word
27. You also loved to strip off clothes, put on dress up shoes, and dance on the coffee table in your nightgown
28. Mommy had to put your diapers on backwards for awhile, because you just loved to take them off.
29. It didn't take long for you to proudly show me how you could still take them off with no problem.
30. You got your first sugar rush at 17 months.. from a lollipop. You would spin around in a circle and laughing, then and stare at the floor.. and then this giggle would just bubble up.. It was hilarious.
31. At 22 months we got tired of hearing Barney videos.. you loved them
32. We bought your your first Wiggles dvd and you fell in love.
33. But you didn't like Wally in the Wiggles movie. You would run out of the room everytime he came on the screen.
34. Just before your 2nd birthday, you had your first hearing test.
35. You almost got kicked out of the Birth to 3 program because you passed the tests with flying colors
36. However, you failed because you decided to be un-cooperative at the final testing.. which was a good thing.
37. We discovered you had a slight hearing loss due to fluids and it started to affect your speech.
38. You had to have new tubes put into your ears to help the drainage. All was well again.
39. Thanks to Birth to 3 program your speech improved in no time at all.. You were doing wonderfully
40. At the age of 2 you hated flying bugs.. Especially flies. You would cover your eyes and yell..
41. Mommy gave you a fly swatter and yoiu would walk around the house calling "fly, fly."
42. You desperately wanted to see Santa for the first time.. until you got up close.. You cried and wouldn't let him touch you, but when we left, Santa was all you talked about.
43. When your blanket got dirty and needed to be washed.. You would carry it down to the washer and give it a kiss before putting it in.
44. Around this age you believed you were a dog.. you would even help me make the bed, with your teeth. You would try to walk on all fours and bark in public places
45. Just before your 3rd birthday, you were denied speech services at the school because your speech was awesome!
46. You insisted and made pasta from scratch and then ate it for lunch
47. A month shy of your 3rd birthday you informed mommy "I love you so much!"
48. You fell in love with raising baby chicks after your 3rd birthday
49. It was impossible to potty train you. You peed every 15-20 min on the dot. At 21 min.. it was too late
50. At the age of 3 years and 3 months you decided you were done with diapers.. No help from me whatsoever.
51. You love the Land before Time series
52. You found your first love at the drive-in, Spiderman
53. Every time we went out you would insist that certain females were in fact Mary Jane!
54. You found a stuffed Spiderman on clearance at KBtoys for 3.00 and still carry it everywhere you can
55. I once discovered your Spiderman kissing your Barbie doll (who you insist is Mary Jane).
56. You told Daddy.. there was only two people you wanted to marry.. Spiderman or Daddy..
57. Your first Movie Theater show was The Incredibles.
58. Your favorite PBS Show now is Dragon Tales
59. You used to love Caillou
60. Your favorite Nick show is Lazy Town
61. You love to watch musicals
62. You fell in love with Phanthom of the Opera
63. You watched it so much.. Papa let you keep the movie.
64. You love creepy crawlers, like worms..
65. You tried to keep a worm as your pet
66. You also tried to keep caterpillars for pets.
67. Your favorite meal is Spaghetti and meatballs.. yet you won't eat the meatballs..they just have to be included..