Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Five Question Friday!! 5/4/12

 

1. What did you wear to prom? Include a picture if possible.

Never went to the prom.  High school was so hard for me due to hearing and health issues.  I actually dropped out.  I always had good grades.  One D in my lifetime (which I cried over) until 10th grade.  I missed school because I was sick constantly, then I popped my knee just before final exams.  My report card was straight F’s.  They couldn’t give me my real grades because I had missed 6 days of school and their cut off was 5.  Doctor’s notes didn’t even help.  I was struggling because high school was so different.  Our English class was learning Latin and our French 2 class was listening to French records (with French accents!)  I am hearing impaired.. I was so lost.  Records are static to me.. I just gave up.  Which really stunk because I loved school so much growing up.  I did ace my GED test and then graduated from a business college. 

Ok.. so I went off a bit there.. Sorry, no prom.   I probably would not have gone anyways since I was way too shy.  LOL 


2. Would you rather be on the biggest loser or a food eating challenge?

The biggest loser!  As much as it would freak me out, it would be what I need.  I probably would never watch me on the show.  No way!


3. fave sonic drink? Refreshing summer drink?

We don’t have a Sonic!  Sad smile  So I would have to say, homemade ice tea. 


4. What was your first car, and what did you call it?

None.  Yep, you heard me correctly.  I was a single mom for 10 years and lived in the city with buses.  I felt a car was a waste of money.  I had no clue how I would pay for the car, maintenance, insurance, etc.  Oh, but I guess I can say I inherited a car when I got married.  That would be a white 1995 Neon. 


5. What's one thing your child or spouse does that sends you over the edge?

Hmm.. just one? Ohh I know.. not filling the ice cube trays!  We have a container to dump them in.  When you run out in the container, you dump the trays and refill.  I become a raving lunatic when we have no ice in the bucket and the trays are sitting in the freezer completely empty!  Usually it’s hubby’s doing. 

No comments: