Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Dining at Buffalo Wild Wings

Annaleah had her last night of dance during the Summer Inclusive this past Friday.  They were going to practice for a bit then perform for us.  This meant we had 2 hours to kill before we could meet back at the studio.  We decided to head to Buffalo Wild Wings.  We had not had the chance to eat there before. 

Talk about tv’s galore!  There were probably 28 or more tv’s in that place!  With maybe 7 different channels.  All sports related.  We decided we were just going to try the wings mostly.  I was a bad girl however and we ordered some jalapeno poppers.  Yep, that meant a bit of wheat and dairy.  Thankfully I did not get sick.  (Long story, but I went over board in the past month and the symptoms started to show.  That is something for another blog).  The traditional wings however where kinda safe (aside from the cross contamination in the oil.  Can’t win). 

IMAG1621

To be honest, the poppers were not that great at all.  I suddenly had an idea of trying to make my own with Tofutti cream cheese.  Wonder if that would work. 

IMAG1620

The flavors on wings we picked were Honey BBQ, Spicy Garlic, Mango Habanero, and Blazin (order from mild to the hottest they had).  The blazin sauce says - Keep away from eyes, pets, children: The hottest sauce we got.

When we started eating the wings, we started in the bottom right hand said and worked our way clockwise.  I assumed the top right was the blazin, since it was a reddish color.  The first was the honey bbq, very tasty,  next turned out to be the mango habanero, not bad.. nice little bit.  The next one was so hot, oh my word!  It was burning bad.  I swear my throat was numb.  All I thought was, “how am I going to eat that last one?” It was then that we noticed the little stickers on the edge of the paper.  The one we ate was Blazin.  As we grabbed a spicy garlic, it was such a relief! I am also thankful we ordered two coleslaws to get us through.  We continued to each one wing of each section til we finished.  I love spicy but I have to agree with the waitress, that was way too hot to enjoy! 

We definitely plan on going again sometime.  It was great.  The atmosphere was terrific and the waitress was fun to chat with. 

Angel and I both agreed that the Mango Habanero was our favorite with Spicy Garlic coming in second. 

IMAG1622

How do you like your wings?  What’s your favorite flavor? 

No comments: