Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

How I survive Pizza Night

I have been doing really well staying Gluten and Dairy free.  The few slip ups I have had the past year is usually pizza night.  I love pizza.  It is truly torture to watch the family eat it.  Especially when my daughter doesn’t want to finish her slice.  I have to tell her to get ride of it before I cave.

One day I was making my usual Kimchi Pancake that I learned from this video….

 

 

This recipe is so simple.  I just can’t handle recipes that call for many different types of flours.  This recipe uses corn starch.  I did substitute half with potato starch and it worked out just as great. 

So, as I was making it, I came across an idea to try.  It came out wonderful.

20121013_173649

First I start off sautéing whatever I would like in the pizza.  Here I have onions, mushrooms, hot peppers and pepperoni. 

Then I would mix the ingredients that is shared on the website above.  I make a bit more than what she uses. 

  • 1/4 cup of corn starch
  • 1/4 cup of potato starch (or you can do all cornstarch)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp. of water then 1 tbsp. at a time till it is of pourable consistency (if needed).

20121013_174444

I spread out the meat and veggies in the pan evenly, making room for the mixture to get in between everything.  I pour the mixture slowly over it all.  Then I just it cook enough for the bottom to be done. 

The first time I tried this I flipped it over to cook on the other side, sliced and dipped in sauce.  This time I decided not to flip it.  After the bottom is cooked I poured a bit of sauce on the top with some scallions. 

Popped it into my oven to broil the top and this is what I got.

20121013_175707

 

Sliced it up and voila. 

20121013_180023

It was so good, I didn’t even look at the family with envy as they were eating there take out pizza.  Seriously, the possibilities with this recipe is endless. 

With that, I must thank EZ Gluten Free for her recipe. 

No comments: