Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

HomeSchool Convention Weekend

Once a year, my daughter goes to her Mimi's house (my mom) and I get to refresh myself.  I really love this time because I literally never send Anna away.  By this time I am usually totally spent.  Ok, way before this time actually!   I love how the convention helps inspire and motivate me to keep on going.  This year one of the speakers was Carol Barnier. She was there a few years ago and I loved her. 

During our lunch break yesterday, we headed on over to a Thai Restaurant nearby.  The food as usual, was pretty good. 

I had the Coconut Chicken soup

chicken coconut soup

and Pineapple chicken with rice

pineapple chicken

Hubby had the Hot spicy squid

spicy hot squid

On the way home we stopped at McD's for a burger and then Dairy for a chocolate dipped ice cream cone.  Oh my word those things are huge! 

chocolate dipped ice cream

Then we came home and took a 3 hour nap!  Totally unusual for me. 

I did not attempt to do any major cleaning sadly.  However that is ok.  I hope to start tomorrow off nice and early with some motivation.  Monday is usually ‘recover from the weekend’ day.. in which we are easy on schooling and focus a bit on cleaning. 

We are about to leave to go get Anna in a few minutes.  I will try to do better with blogging.  I really need to start recording precious moments more often. 

No comments: