Sunday, October 31, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
This week’s questions (submitted by Jendi from Simple Vloggings Tips):1. ‘Fess up – how many shoes do you own?
2. What is your favorite type of shoe to wear? Sneakers, stilettos, kitten heels, ballet flats?
3. Do you have a shoe story you could tell us?
This donut video amazed me because 1. Anna never eats anything that fast.. 2. she doesn't even like anything but powdered donuts.
Friday, October 22, 2010
I just got done reading my Proverbs 31 Devotion. It definitely hit me this morning. The verse of the day is..
1 Chronicles 28:20 (King James Version)Some of the examples today where..
Are you worried about your ability to be a good mother? Do the work.
Are you struggling with debt and financial issues? Do the work.
Do you want to eat healthier, commit to regular exercise or lose weight? Do the work.
Ok.. yes.. I struggle with each of these daily! I worry about my ability to homeschool and feel like a failure most days. I get all irritated and anxiety builds fast. Finances are never ending.. just never gets easier in that area. My health?? I have been so frustrated with that, I have just stuck it on the back burner. It isn't helping me when I shove it aside. It is only getting worse!
Make no mistake: sometimes the work will be hard. Note that our verse today didn't say "Lay around and hope things get better." The challenge we face is not in focusing on how hard the work is, but in seeking the God who has promised to show up as we work. We offer our best efforts and trust that He will multiply them. We will see Him supply the words, the resources, the energy, the time, the patience, the grace we need. But first we must do the work. Just like the priests had to first step into the water before the Jordan could part in Joshua 3:15-16, so we must begin working before we can see the solution appear.
What work do you need to start doing—or keep doing—no matter how discouraged or disheartened you feel? I pray that you will see Him at work on your behalf today as you do the work He has called you to do. Do the work, and He will be with you.
As I copy this and re-read, I also realize something else. How often do I ask the Lord for guidance in these areas? I pray when others are hurting, when others have needs or requests, but I rarely pray for my struggles. Somehow I think that maybe I don't deserve the help? I know that sounds foolish but it is something I struggle with daily. I tend to be alot harder on myself. It gets me nowhere. So those are areas I need desperately to work on. I guess I should start with prayer and then do the work that needs to be done.
All italics are copied from the Proverbs 31 Devotions.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Yep.. late again. Monday was crazy but good.. Tuesday was plain crazy.. so I decided to mingle when I woke up.. looking good or not. So here it is..
This week’s questions (submitted by Robyn’s Online World and Paula from Thrifty Mommas Tips (their questions were the same!):
1. What do you vlog with? what software or handicam, webcam etc?
2. How long have you been vlogging and what is your best tip for newbie?
3. Do you upload instantly or upload to Facebook, Youtube etc.? Which works best/ fastest?
Monday, October 18, 2010
- stripped and washed all bedding and remade bed
- washed and dried a total of 6 loads of laundry
- full day of school
- cleaned my bedroom floors and picked up a ton of stuff
- went through newspapers and magazines for recycling
- decluttered the cubby area and set up Anna's daily school work in there. (they were in a basket on the floor)
- cleaned up some piles in the living room
- completely cleaned off dining table (my laptop along with tons of other things have been living there for months. we just sweep it out of the way at dinner but never clear it. My laptop can no longer sit in the cubby because the fan doesn't work anymore.
- Cooked a full dinner for Angel, Anna, Ethan, David and I.. including setting table and cleaning off table
- Washed all dishes (except pan which is soaking)
- cut David and Angel's hair
- swept all floors and hair.
- treated Baby's paw.. poor thing.
Tomorrow I would like to focus on baking..
- soaked whole wheat bread
I am looking for a healthy muffin recipe. I have some apples that badly need to get used.. I am thinking a recipe with maybe apples, whole wheat and oats? Anyone have a recipe like that? I would love ideas. Since I am the only one to eat them I want to freeze them for quick breakfasts.
I am tired and sore and going to catch up on YouTube vids for a bit. I am also late for a Monday Mingle. Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow as well.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
This week’s questions (submitted by Louise from Mom Start):1. What is your favorite thing about Fall?
2. What is your favorite Fall/Winter thing to cook or eat?
3. What do you like to do with the kids outdoors during the Fall?
Of course I could not leave the girls out.. here is their mingle.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
I am behind in everything.. seriously everything! I haven't been blogging, I am struggling with keeping the house in shape, schooling, and just your typical day to day stuff. Exercise and healthy eating have been thrown out the window. I don't understand what the problem is here.
So I am going to start by making a list. All the things I need to be better at..
- waking up in the morning to do bible study (not getting up and watching youtube videos)
- Schooling on time
- Organizing school materials so everything can be found and used in a timely manner. (Too much time is spent looking for things)
- Preparing some type of preschool activity for Ethan so that he has something to do instead of talking to Anna during school.
- Having meals planned ahead of time and actually cooking them.
- Cleaning up before bed! After dinner would be best! (Instead of doing this in the morning.)
- Washing and putting away one load of clothes a day. (Instead of being overwhelmed on the weekend)
- Blogging before reading everyone else’s blog.. ( I get lost once I start reading)
- Going to bed at a reasonable time (3am is not a reasonable time when you need to wake up at 5:30am)
So there you have it.. if I follow these simple steps.. maybe life would be a bit easier?
Is there anything I missed? Hmm..
Monday, October 4, 2010
1. What is/was your favorite thing you have done to change your look? i.e. tanning, hair removal, new cut/color, different style of clothes, hair extensions etc.
2. What is/was NOT such great a way to change your looks?
3. If time and money were not an inconvenience, which would you prefer laser hair removal or permanent makeup ? Why?