Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Five Question Friday–Fall, Tattoos and Proposals

Sorry for the lack of blog posts.  It’s been a crazy week of starting school.  Anna has started 6th grade which is middle school in some areas.  I decided that it was time to give her more responsibilities and so far it is working out well.  Of course we are only in week one, so we shall see how next week goes. 

 

1. What is your favorite fall family tradition?

~That would be Autumnfest in Rhode Island.  I love getting to see the family there.  Anna and I usually spend the entire weekend at my mom’s.  She lives across the street from the festivities and the parade.  On Sunday Night is the fireworks and then the parade on Monday.  It is a great time to go back home. 


2. If money weren't an issue, how many kids would you have?

~ A few years ago, I would have said as many as I could.  Actually I could still say that if I could adopt or foster.  Kids have always been my life, but they were usually someone else’s kids.  However, now I am okay with moving on in my life.  I think if it was possible I would still adopt an older girl for Anna to have that sibling relationship.  Maybe someone just a few years younger than her. 


3. If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be and where would you put it?

~ I am not brave enough to ever get a tattoo..  If I were that brave, would probably choose my ankle.  However, it would be torture decided on something I would not regret later in life. 


4. What condiment is a must in your house?

~Mayonnaise is all I need.. although ketchup and hot sauce seems to be what the others need. 


5. How did your spouse/fiance propose?

~It was my birthday.  Angel took me out for the entire day.  We went to the Mystic Aquarium. After we went to the Marina in Norwich and sat on a bench chatting until it was time for our reservations at Modesto’s.  It was a nice little place.  I had chicken marsala.  It was great.  Then the time came for desert and he looked so incredibly nervous, which made me nervous.  I excused myself to use the restroom and I swear I was shaking.  When I came back and sat down I noticed in the mirror in front of me that the waitresses behind me were staring and whispering at us.  He pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him.  I of course said yes.  Everyone came over and congratulated us. I had already had a feeling he would propose eventually because he had been talking about marriage all year.

No comments: