Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Not the Lay’s Potato Chips!!

 

Today was day one of being corn free. 

I did it.  It’s 9:44 today and it’s tough but I did it.  I started off the morning with a brown rice cake, a bit of peanut butter and some jam sweetened with fruit juice and a banana. 

Lunch was Chicken in a salad.  Snack was an apple and a small bowl of raw nuts (with the shells).  Dinner was some quinoa, brown rice, assorted veggies, and an egg on top.

I felt great.  I was doing everything on my to do list (I am totally a list person!) Not focusing on food to much.  Although I realized I had forgotten water, so I had to catch up on that. 

After dropping Anna off at dance I headed off to the mall with Angel to get my ring checked and cleaned.  I was way overdue.  While we were there, we still had some time to kill.  So Angel, of course, said he was hungry.  No problem, I can handle this.  We head to the food court and I go straight to Meyer’s Deli to check out their fruits.  They only had strawberries.  I am not really a fan of plain strawberries.  They also had some veggies sticks sitting in some dip.  Can’t have that.  So I head to Subway and get a bag of Lay’s Classics.  I love Lay’s low salt.  Lays is so simple with their ingredients.  They are gluten and casein free.  Should be no problem.

Of course I can’t look at the bag behind the counter so I purchase the bag and go sit with Angel. Just before opening, thankfully, I look at the ingredients, corn oil.  I didn’t eat any but of course now my stomach is grumbling in complaint.  I am forced to ignore it.  I am totally craving watermelon and so frustrated that the deli didn’t have any this time.  Funny thing is I never even looked twice at Angel’s pizza.  That’s a good thing! 

After arriving home I drank more water and held off eating for a bit.  I had some hummus (I made it today) and carrots.  Angel and Anna just ate ice cream and of course my stomach is rumbling again.  I can’t wait to go to bed so I don’t have to deal with it. 

I don’t know if I ate enough calories today and I am honestly too tired to look it up.  I am sure I am fine though.  I just need to get used to not having the corn fillers that make up my daily meals.  I was was definitely eating way too much corn chips and tortillas to add to those calories. 

I did do some research and it looks like the only Lay’s I might be able to have is Kettle chips.  While it doesn’t have any gluten added, it has not been tested to be gluten free.  Looks like I need to find another chip to love. 

What’s your favorite chip? 

No comments: