Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Photo & Prompt Challenge: Day 8


Day 8 - A Birthday Celebration 


This is going to be torture!  Just one birthday celebration?  I love planning birthday parties!  Seriously! 

For my son I did lots of themes.  Sadly I don't remember them all and it would take ages to go through the pictures and home videos. 

So here are a few. 


Cars - he loved all those cars on his cake.
Circus - with a homemade clown pinata too!
Pirates - we had an awesome treasure hunt with this one.
Cowboys - even ate hot dogs and beans on the floor.
Space - had stars and planets hanging from the living room ceiling.


I don't remember the rest.  He is 22 now.  At the age of 10 he decided he wanted a party at a roller skating rink.  I was devastated.  This was the end of planning parties for me. 


Then Annaleah was born!  A Girl! 


1st party was just a huge event inviting everyone to see our new home. 


2nd year we had a Princess Party.  Little girls in dresses and tiaras with huge pixie stix wands (with stars on top) 


3rd year Dragon Tales!  She just loved Dragon Tales.  This party included a plastic egg hunt with little dinosaurs and toys inside.  It helps that her birthday is in April! 



4th year Spiderman. 

Yep, you heard me right.  My little girl loved Spiderman


5th year Tea Party. 

Once again, little girls in pretty dresses all ready for tea.  Fancy style too. 

We even had to tiny sandwiches and fancy teacups. 


6th year Pet party.  This one was a sleepover.  After all the girls were in pj's we secretly put a bag of stuffed animals all over the front yard.  I told the girls that all the animals had escaped!  They all ran out with flashlights to rescue every pet. 



7th year Spy Party. 

All the kids picked out spy names, had pics taken and badges made up.  They had a mystery to solve too.  Someone stole the birthday cake! 



8th year Science Party. 

We ordered all kinds of experiments from Science Bob and Steve Spangler.  This was one of my favorite parties. 



This cake caused me alot of grief as I ended up in tears making it.  LOL.  It was my first time working with Fondant.



9th year Rock Star Party. 

All girls in their best Rock outfits.  All kids put on karaoke performances in front of the crowd.. Including Ethan! 


This year we are looking into a Spa Theme.  My baby girl will be 10 next month.  Thankfully she is not ready to give up on my parties.  She says she will keep having them for as long as she can.

I am so happy! 


Ok, so I shared a bit of all parties.  Just couldn't help it!

No comments: